Healthcare IT Leaders, a leading full-service health IT consulting firm, today announced an update to its Board of Directors, adding distinguished senior executives from the healthcare, professional services, and venture capital industries.
Chaired by Healthcare IT Leaders founder and CEO Bob Bailey, the Board is charged with providing strategic guidance, rigorous governance, and ongoing advisory support to fuel continued growth at the company.
“This refresh of our Board of Directors is a logical next step in our trajectory,” said Bailey. “Our goal is to be the industry leader in our space, and we will lean heavily on the Board’s experience to help us scale the business for long-term success.”
The board members are:
- Paul Roma. Paul is Managing Partner at Exponential Capital Management, a venture organization focused on healthcare artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) innovation and advanced bioscience technologies. In his role at ECM, he advises and supports multiple healthcare companies as an Investor, Executive Board Member, and Interim CEO. He has also held senior leadership roles at IBM Watson Health as General Manager, Ciox Health as Chief Executive Officer, and Deloitte, as Global Chief Analytics Officer.
- Mike Connolly. Mike is Chief Operating Officer of Gainwell Technologies, the leader in digital and cloud enabled solutions for health and human services programs (Medicaid). Before Gainwell, Mike was a senior consulting leader at PwC responsible for the company’s $4 billion Transformation Consulting business across all sectors. Prior to that, he was President at Ciox Health and Diamond Technology Partners, and also served as Chief Technology Officer at Aetna.
- Jim Childs. Jim is a principal at Childs Capital Partners. To date, the firm has realized 4 investments with an average IRR of approximately 50%. Previously, he founded CHILDS Advisory Partners aka Bowstring Advisors, a middle-market mergers and acquisitions advisory firm. CHILDS was the leading boutique in the Human Capital Management space and was acquired in 2019 by Citizens Bank. Throughout his 30-year career in M&A and investment banking, he has served as an advisor to hundreds of entrepreneurs in the professional services, technology, and staffing sectors.
- Russ Rudish. Russ Rudish has more than 30 years of industry experience and has deep and enduring relationships with major healthcare organizations in the United States and abroad. He is a principal at Healthcare IT Leaders and is the founding principal of Rudish Health, and previously was US and Global Health Care Leader for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, the world’s largest health care professional services firm. Russ is an active speaker and contributor to thought leadership on today’s most pressing issues in healthcare. He serves on the Board of Directors of Craneware, Inc., a healthcare company listed on the London Stock Exchange, several emerging company boards, and the Advisory Board of LRV Health, a venture capital firm. Russ previously served as an Advisor to Gryphon Investors, a private equity firm.
- Ernie Riddle. Ernie is a long-time advisor to Healthcare IT Leaders and other emerging technology companies. He is the co- founder and past CEO at Astadia, Inc. and EnablePath, LLC both pioneering cloud consulting firms. He has also held senior leadership roles at some of the largest and most successful companies in the world including Norrell Services as President and COO, Ryder Systems, Inc. as President (International), and Xerox, as VP Sales and Marketing He has previous Board experience with Danka, PLC, Enterasys, Inc. Norrell Services, Inc. and AirNet Systems, Inc. as well as other emerging private technology companies.
- Bob Bailey. Bob chairs the Board of Directors as CEO and founder of Healthcare IT Leaders. He is also currently an investor and principal at Locums Choice, PAC Leaders, and Sublimation Health. He was previously an investor and principal at Locum Leaders, acquired in 2013 by Onward Healthcare (now AMN Healthcare), The Crevalle Group, acquired in 2020 by K2 Partnering Solutions, and B2B Workforce, acquired in 2007 by Vedior (now Randstad).
Today’s announcement follows the recent hire of Ben Hilmes, ex of Cerner Corp. and Adventist Health, as the company’s President, and the formation of an industry advisory group of Elite Advisors, made up of highly-experienced healthcare leaders.
“We are building a team of top talent and leaders, including our new Board of Directors, who share our vision and who understand the critical role of technology in modernizing healthcare organizations,” said Bailey. “I’m excited to work with each of these individuals and know they will contribute to our ambitious goals for growth and impact.”
About Healthcare IT Leaders
Healthcare IT Leaders is a national leader in IT consulting and workforce solutions. We help leading hospitals and health systems achieve their goals for digital transformation and optimal patient care with implementation services, project management, consulting, managed services, and talent solutions. Learn more at www.healthcareitleaders.com
This post originally appeared on TechToday.