The Kore.ai XO Platform is truly a global and multi-lingual solution. When customers interact with help and support intelligent virtual assistants (IVAs) they prefer to interact in their native language or the one language that is most comfortable for them. In that way, they can express their queries precisely.
When your business interacts with customers around the world, a multilingual intelligent virtual assistant can help you ensure that everyone receives the same level of quality service, irrespective of the language they speak. The Kore.ai AI-powered XO Platform provides a distinctive capability that allows you to add multiple languages to your virtual assistant and even build language-specific models for 25+ popular languages.
Out of the box, the Kore.ai XO Platform supports about 120 languages, with more coming soon. Languages supported by the platform range from Arabic to English and even Swahili. It is easy to manage any combination of languages that you wish. View the list of supported languages here.
There are three different ways that Kore.ai supports language:
- A multi-language model has been built into the Kore.ai XO platform that detects and selects which languages to use.
- A curated model allows you to do the translations manually, so you have the most accurate responses coming back from the bot.
- A translation model – translation can be automated using pre-built or custom translation services.
Using the combination of these capabilities with the help of LLMs through Design Time, Kore.ai can support most languages.
The concept of Large Language Models is based on the ability to accurately understand what a person intends to say. The Natural Language Processing (NLP) part of the model is highly improved using vast amounts of training data as well as the ability to generate the appropriate answers to inquiries.
You can start building intelligent virtual assistants (IVA) with one language and enable additional languages when needed. As the customer chats with the chatbot in his or her preferred language, but then changes to another language (say from German to English), the intelligent virtual assistant recognizes this change and switches to English.
A multilingual IVA is an AI-powered intelligent virtual assistant that can converse with customers in multiple languages instead of defaulting to English. The Kore.ai XO Platform supports 100+ languages with an auto-detection capability that makes building your intelligent virtual assistant in multiple languages easy and efficient. The default language selected when creating an assistant cannot be changed but in training, you can selected multiple languages to converse in. For instance, you can program the IVA using English commands but train the bot to converse in German.
As the model is language agnostic, you can train the the bot your preferred language of choice or in a combination of languages.
The Kore.ai XO Platform can help you to:
- Configure the required language
- Identify the NLU Model
- Identify various language definition modes — Basic Mode, Advanced Mode, Use Language Pack
- Manage VA and User responses translations
- Manage Multilingual NLU model
- Train and talk to the virtual assistant
Aspects to Keep in Mind When Building a Multilingual VA
If you want to build a Multilingual VA, there are a few points to keep in mind:
- There is a set of basic building blocks to a multilingual VA: the language in which it talks to users, the language in which you train it, and the process through which it detects and selects which languages to use. Please continue reading this article to learn more.
- You can create a new Virtual Assistant or add new languages to an existing one. Read more about managing languages here.
- Multilingual VAs have language-specific components and some features exhibit different behaviors compared to single language assistants. Read more about this here.
- Translation can be automated using pre-built translation services from providers such as Microsoft or Google; or custom services, including any that you may build in-house. Read here to learn more.
The NLU Language is the one that you train the assistant with to identify the user’s intents. The NLU model is built using the NLU Language that you choose. This language can be the same as the Conversation language or any other supported language.
From a business perspective, if companies wish to enhance the experiences they provide to their customers, employees, or other partners, it’s important to remember that these experiences often involve conducting a full dialogue. This could be as simple as asking a question, providing information in response to an inquiry, or carrying out a transaction.
The Kore.ai XO Platform significantly simplifies the process of creating intelligent virtual assistants in multiple languages. The skills required for this task are no different from those already acquired in creating English virtual assistants. Ideally, the person undertaking this task should be someone who has industry-specific knowledge relevant to the intelligent virtual assistant’s use, such as banking services or pizza restaurants.
As for the cost of creating multilingual AI-driven virtual assistants by licensing the Kore.ai XO Platform, it depends on whether the customer directly accesses an Open AI LLM, or uses the built-in LLM that the Kore.ai XO Platform uses. It is the customer’s choice.
In the upcoming months, Kore.ai plans to introduce additional languages. There is a strategic plan to gradually implement these languages for each of the Language Learning Models (LLMs) that customers can choose from. By employing Few Shot and Zero Shot models, Kore.ai is meticulously examining each language to determine which LLM performs better among Open Source LLMs, and fine-tuning them accordingly.
Drive Engagement and Loyalty with Multilingual IVAs on the Kore.ai XO Platform
With the multilingual capabilities of the Kore.ai XO Platform, you can enhance your customer and employee experience by communicating with them in their preferred language.
Not only that, with the Kore.ai language detection algorithm, the IVA can detect the language based on the user’s utterances and switches conversations to the respective one – while retaining context.
Ready to converse with your customers in their preferred language? Learn more tips about working with multilingual assistants or try the Kore.ai Platform for yourself.
This post originally appeared on TechToday.